by Kris Reid  November 21, 2007 5:00 pm

Trackback URL


  1. by AMMO November 22, 2007 at 1:57 pm

    What area do you live?

  2. by Beanbag November 23, 2007 at 8:16 pm

    Best thing to do is take the car to a garage for a quote and then make a decision on which is going to be cheaper. You say that the man is uninsured – is he willing to pay towards the repairs. Have you reported him to the Police as it may turn out that he doesn’t have an MOT either? It is not fair that you should be out of pocket when it is clearly his fault and he should accept responsibility.

  3. by DoYouKnowMe November 26, 2007 at 7:10 am

    the cost will be more than $1,000

  4. by jamand November 29, 2007 at 11:38 am

    Insurance job – the parts alone will cost you an arm and a leg!

    Protect your no claims next time

    If you know the driver or where he lives – take out a claim against him via legal means to recover the loss – your insurance company may do it on your behalf to recover the money they pay out if you are fully comp – but not all do

  5. by First Ascent November 29, 2007 at 5:14 pm

    Phone up the Audi dealer and get a quote first. You could also get a quote from a local garage to compare.
    This person is still liable to cover your costs so it might be an idea to let your solicitor know, a nasty letter later and they might choose to settle out of court and you’ll get some cash.
    If you haven’t called the police, you can use this to your advantage to let them pay for the damages, they would rather cough up than lose their license probably.

    Hope you manage to sort it out, the TT is a lovely car, I hate to think of one thats broken.

  6. by BoyRacer December 2, 2007 at 12:24 pm

    I had a new bumper fitted to my 1 series and it cost 400 quid, dent master type companies may be able to fix it and light will be around 100 quid, depends on your excess and if your no claims is protected, if fully comp with protected ncb and excess is under £200 I would claim and get a proper job done by Audi on your insurance (this would cost you around £750!)

  7. by Linda P December 3, 2007 at 1:32 am

    You should have something called uninsured motorists on your insurance.File under this.It will not make your insurance premium go up.I hope that a police report was made on the accident.Talk to your insurance company to see if you do have the uninsured motorists.If you do file under it and the insurance company will sue the responsible party for the money.

  8. by . December 3, 2007 at 2:21 am

    claim on your insurance, audi parts are exphensive

  9. by My name's MUD December 4, 2007 at 6:45 am

    The RAC collision care line is 0800 0566 384

    They take enquiries from non members and give advise and tell you your rights. There is a pot of money made available in the event of a non- insured driver accident.
    This advise lins specialises in the un-insured.

    This is a 24 hour helpline

  10. by wrkey December 4, 2007 at 3:22 pm

    Ok.. here’s the deal. First.. this accident wasn’t your fault so YOU should not have to pay for any of it. I suggest you get 3 quotes from various body shops for a complete repair. Then contact the person who did the damage and tell them to pick one of the repair places that you can meet them at so they can pay for the repairs (upfont). If the do not agree then explain to them that you will be filling two reports. The first will be to your insurance agent who will then have the vehicle fixed and will sue him for the cost plus any legal fees. The second report will be to the police where he will most likely be charged with no insurance and could lose their license.

    Remember, you are the victim here. You must seek justice. Do not worry about your insurance cost. If your agent raises your rates after to file the claim, simply change insurance companies. Since the accident wasn’t your fault it will not show up on your driving record when the other insurance company looks it up for a quote. Don’t let your agent talk you out of filing the claim.

    Agents like to tell you they work for you.. but keep in mind that their commissions are based on the number of policies the produce and the ratio claims on those policies. The more claims their policy holder have the less their commission! So they are working for themselves.. NOT for you!

    Stick to your guns… get the quotes… give the guy a chance.. if you want.. but then FILE the claim!

    Good luck!

    PS: You don’t need a ‘man’ to help you! Your perfectly capable of doing all this yourself!

  11. by rangers_mom December 5, 2007 at 12:49 am

    If this person hit you, and it wasn’t your fault, and he didn’t have insurance, your insurance should pay for it, esp. if you have uninsured motorists, and your insurance premium should not go up as it was not your fault, that’s what you pay insurance for. I’ve been through what you went through many times, and my insurance paid for all the damages through my uninsured, and my premium did not go up. You might want to check w/your insurance carrier. Good luck.

  12. by greybeard December 7, 2007 at 6:04 pm

    Hey———-Champers, It sounds like you had a raw deal, Did you get his details? I hope you did, because your insurance company may help, I say may, because you should always take out the legal cover, (costs about £20) this will get you back “uninsured losses”.
    Sorry I can’t be anymore help.

  13. by megnom100 December 8, 2007 at 7:12 pm

    Let your insurance sort it. thats what you pay for.
    If your next insurance is loaded- take the man to the small claims court, and sue him.
    next insurance you get make sure you get a protected no claims.

  14. by hamster December 9, 2007 at 1:40 pm

    hi not sure how much will cost with out seeing it if you have it repaired without telling your insurance company your insurance will go up anyway if they find out because the accident company will record it unless you no somone.if the other party dosnt have insurance as you said report them to the police get a crime ref no. ring your insurance give them the details and they can claim on a scheme called fedrall breauo of motors its a scheme set up for uninsured people your company will pay you and claim it back so no lose incured hence no rise in your premium :*) check with your insurance company they will guide you thro the process happy days.

  15. by John S December 12, 2007 at 1:41 pm

    Bite the bullet and claim on your insurance, or get it done yourself and send the bill to uninsured driver, make sure police know about this uninsured driver.

    The git wont pay but get a county court judgement against him. This will wreck his credit rating.

  16. by No picture December 12, 2007 at 11:51 pm

    I assume you pay for uninsured motorist coverage. Use your insurance. That is what it is there for. Do you enjoy paying for insurance you never use?

  17. by chunky December 14, 2007 at 12:47 pm

    forget about the person that hit you the police will not chase it up unless someone was hurt they are not interested.
    take your car to a decent repair centre and get a quote, then decide if its worth paying your excess and increased premiums or just to pay the repair cost.
    dont go for a repair just because its cheap as poor repair will devalue your car.

  18. by Hillbilly December 15, 2007 at 1:02 pm

    l am sorry you have this trouble, hopefully you were not too shaken up, it’s upsetting none the less, may l suggest you seek advise from your insurance company, they are there to help you, or if you are in the aa or rac they will help too. A garage will be pleased to quote you but you are looking at a few hundred l am sorry to say so l would brace yourself, but your insurance company may have a designated repair shop. so that would be my first stop…as regards the guy…he should pay…he may not be insured..that’s just an offence…but he still has cash….so getting a bona fide quote and sending it to him saying you expect him to pay gets the job done….does it not…l hate trouble that comes unlooked for, l hope it works out for you

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

© Smash Repairs 2018.