by Kris Reid  May 23, 2010 3:02 am

My friend and I damaged a parked car while playing baseball. The windshield was smashed and the hood was dented. The owner of the car went through her insurance and was required to pay her $500.00 deductible. My friend and I gave her the $500.00 for her deductible and she was happy. A week later her insurance company mailed us a letter saying we had to reimburse them for the repair costs on the car. Is there any way we can get around this? If the insurance company also asks for us to pay for her deductible (which we already paid her directly) can we avoid this?

Trackback URL

1 Comment

  1. by fighting saints May 23, 2010 at 3:37 am

    You would not have to pay the deductible again, but you would owe anything over the $500 deductible. There is no way around this.

    Ask her insurance company for a copy of the damage estimate and tell them that you paid the deductible to her already. Hopefully, you have some kind of receipt or she tells her company that you already paid the deductible.

    Good Luck

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

© Smash Repairs 2018.