by Kris Reid  September 2, 2008 10:46 am

Trackback URL


  1. by q6656303 September 3, 2008 at 10:56 am

    ask if his parents will claim on the house insurance

  2. by bluegirl September 4, 2008 at 1:59 pm

    Trust me, nobody gives a shit. You will have to buy a new laptop. I got mine at BestBuy two weeks ago, it was on sale for $450 and it has Windows Vista Premium. It is a Compaq.

  3. by c3webs September 6, 2008 at 9:00 pm

    If you have insurance on your laptop don’t worry just get it fixed. Now, if the light fixture is a part of the apartment, possibly the landlord is responsible.

    My suggestion is that you get either homeowner’s or renter’s insurance. Because this was in his apartment and it was a fixed fixture that fell on it, the landlord should be responsible but the liklihood that he or his insurance will cover the repair costs is slim. With renter’s or homeowner’s insurance you would have guaranteed yourself that it would have gotten fixed.

    I would need to know the type of laptop you have and the model number in order to provide you with a correct estimate on the repair costs. Instant message or email me if you like.

  4. by doctor_flange September 6, 2008 at 11:13 pm

    It is likely that his home insurance will only cover the cost of repairing the property. In a lot of insurance packages, laptops have to be specifically covered.

    It’s worth checking, but it’s likely that if you haven’t insured your laptop specifically, you’re f*cked.

    You can get companies who just replace broken laptop screens.

  5. by lapyramid September 8, 2008 at 7:14 pm

    Warranty won’t cover physical damage. The landlord could be held responsible and the tenant (i.e. your friend) any damage that happens to your property on another person’s property is that property tenant’s/owner’s fault. You can sue both of them honestly. The repair, lol? Let’s just say you’re looking at a new laptop kid.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

© Smash Repairs 2018.