by Kris Reid  January 22, 2009 11:41 pm
Smash Repairs
Roni asked:


Trackback URL


  1. by Roger M January 23, 2009 at 6:22 am

    I have Nationwide for 20 years

    Always been fair.

    Report the accident immediately

    He will have to pay only one deductable for damage done by the deer. This would come under comprehensive deductable. My deductable is $250 but yours could be from $0 to $2500+. Depending on what he purchased,

    This is assuming he has full coverage and not just liability insurance.

  2. by james m January 25, 2009 at 10:55 am

    He would only have to pay one deductible to get his car repaired, since all the damage was caused by one occurrence, a comprehensive claim. He must have Comprehensive Coverage on his policy for it to pay.

    The insurance will pay to get car repaired, minus the deductible, unless there was sufficient damage to “total” the car. In this case, he would Blue Book value, minus his deductible. The deductible could be between 0-$1000, depending on the amount he chose when he insured the vehicle.

    I’m a former agent of Nationwide.

  3. by mbrcatz January 28, 2009 at 10:09 pm

    The only deductible you have, is your comprehensive deductible. That’s the one for damage caused by hitting an animal.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

© Smash Repairs 2018.